“Nulo” is the combination of the word “nutrition” and “love”, but is Nulo really the best choice for your feline friend? We’ll unbiasedly go over everything you need to know to make the best decision.
Nulo’s Story – Nutrition Meets Love
Nulo was started by Michael who would do anything for his Labrador, Max. He went as far as quitting his corporate job when he was unable to find the perfect pet sitter and ended up starting his own pet care business. This is someone who truly cares about any animals well being!
When Michael found out that most pet foods contained nothing but empty calories and fillers he started Nulo. Consulting with some of the leading animal nutritionists and veterinarians he created a recipe of animal-based proteins plus lower carbs (hence the empty calories); this came to be Nulo. But is Nulo really that good? Let’s find out!
Some of the Highlights of Nulo Cat Food
- It’s grain-free (Should my cat eat grain free?)
- It’s also free of all synthetic ingredients, including, fillers, preservatives, and artificial flavors/chemicals
- It provides high-quality animal-based protein
- Instead of rice and wheat, it contains carbohydrates like peas, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes, making it a great low carb dry cat food
- They work with only family farmers who use sustainable practices. Plus they use free-range protein; including beef, chicken, turkey, and fish.
- It has a low glycemic index
- Nulo’s patented probiotics help your cat regulate their digestion and immune system
- Their facilities are approved by the USDA, FDA, and AAFCO. They also undergo annual inspections and have consistently received great ratings
What Makes Nulo Different?
Nulo provides you with a quick test to see what foods might be the best for your cat. These include the type of food they prefer, if they’re indoor or outdoor, and if they have any other concerns (like digestion, urinary, etc.). But don’t worry! They have a giant selection of different foods and flavors, so no matter your cat’s preference you’ll definitely find something for them!
Not to mention, they are extremely transparent of the ingredients in their cat food. They provide, the percentage of each ingredient and nutrient. That’s something I’ve never seen from any cat food company so far!
What Kind of Cat Food Does Nulo Have?
Nulo has everything from dry food to wet food, but they all have the same Zero Promise. Nulo’s Zero Promise means that all of their food will contain no corn, rice, wheat, soy, white potatoes, tapioca, or gluten containing ingredients.
This means that their all grain free and that’s because your furry friend thrives on a high meat, low carb diet. Plus, it reduces exposure to some common allergens which makes it perfect for cats with sensitivities!
Nulo High-Meat Cat Kibble
A grain-free diet rich in protein with the first 3-4 ingredients bring from protein animal sources.
Cat & Kitten
- Cat & Kitten Chicken & Cod
- Cat & Kitten Cod & Duck
- Cat & Kitten Turkey & Cod
- Cat & Kitten Turkey & Duck
- Adult Cat Chicken & peas
- Indoor Cat Duck & Cod
- Indoor Cat Duck & Lentils
- Adult Cat Salmon & Lentils
- Adult Trim Salmon & Lentils
- Weight Management Salmon & Sweet Potato
- Indoor Cat Trout & Duck
- Indoor Cat Turkey & Chicken
- Senior Cat Alaska Pollock, Duck & Sweet Potato
- Senior Cat Turkey, Alaska Pollock & Red Lentils
Limited Ingredient Cans – Wet Cat Food – 5.5 oz Cans
Grain free wet food diet that is low in carbs and balanced for all stages of a cat’s life.
- Cat & Kitten Chicken & Chicken Liver Recipe
- Cat & Kitten Salmon Recipe
- Cat & Kitten Turkey & Turkey Liver Recipe
Perfect Purees – Lickable Treats for Cats
Simple grain free treat that supports digestive health.
- Cat & Kitten Beef & Sardine
- Cat & Kitten Chicken
- Cat & Kitten Chicken & Salmon
- Cat & Kitten Tuna & Crab
- Cat & Kitten Tuna & Scallop
Pouches for Cats – 2.8 oz Pouches
Small pouches make it convenient to use as a snack or side dish for your cat’s meal. Made with real grain free minced beef and flakes from fish and poultry. Plus, the delicious broth contained in each pouch makes it a great way to increase your cat’s daily water intake.
- Cat & Kitten Chicken
- Cat & Kitten Chicken & Mackerel
- Cat & Kitten Chicken & Salmon
- Cat & Kitten Chicken, Yellowfin Tuna & Duck
- Cat & Kitten Sardine & Beef in Broth
- Cat & Kitten Yellowfin Tuna & Shrimp
Paté Cans – Wet Cat Food – 5.5 oz & 12.5 oz Cans
Grain free recipes that are high in protein and low in carbs to promote lean muscle mass. They’re complete and balanced for all stages of a cat’s life.
- Cat & Kitten Beef & Lamb
- Cat & Kitten Chicken & Herring
- Cat & Kitten Duck & Tuna
- Cat & Kitten Salmon & Mackerel
- Cat & Kitten Trout & Salmon
- Cat & Kitten Turkey & Chicken
Shredded & Minced Cans – Wet Cat Food – 3 oz Cans
These grain free recipes are minced for easy digestion and contains a savory gravy to hydrate your feline friend. Plus, the cans are much smaller for easier meals and they have large selection of flavors.
- Cat & Kitten Minced Beef & Mackerel
- Cat & Kitten Minced Salmon & Turkey
- Cat & Kitten Minced Turkey & Duck
- Cat & Kitten Shredded Beef & Rainbow Trout
- Cat & Kitten Shredded Chicken & Duck
- Cat & Kitten Shredded Turkey & Halibut
Our Final Thoughts
Nulo has some of the most extensive options out there on the market. From their Kibble to their Purees, they have an option for every cat and every scenario. This is on top of the fact that they provide some of the best foods in terms of health and what cat’s genetically eat/need.
Nulo is one of our top cat food options that we stand 100% behind. If you’re looking for cat food, whether wet or dry, that provides your furry friend with everything they need plus some, then Nulo is the best bet right now!
What Other Customers Have to Say – Via. Amazon
Went from core to this because it was cheaper. My cats can’t get enough of it. I’m actually having a hard time getting them not to gorge on it so I have to feed them in increments throughout the day. Highly recommended. I would say probably almost a hundred percent comfortable to core well balanced and that food is one of the best. Definitely would buy again and will buy again
I go between this and the duck flavor of Nulo for my cat, and she doesn’t care which one it is, she really likes the size of the kibble. Good food that also makes her poop stink less. I like that it’s Grain free. She doesn’t throw up at all from this food, and she’s long-haired so I expected a lot more vomitting from her.
My cat was scratching like crazy and pulling out fur in chunks. I treated him for fleas, vet gave hormones etc but any relief was temporary. I started feeding him this food and he has stopped scratching, hair has grown back and both of my cats are more playful and energetic.
Want to learn more about your cat’s wellness or cat products? Check out some more Pure Bred Cats articles!